Experts in Flea Control Newcastle
All About Flea Control
Are you looking for Flea Control Newcastle, Maitland, Lake Macquarie & Cessnock? While no pests are welcome into any home, fleas can be especially unpleasant to deal with. Fleas are parasites that thrive by taking residence in the flesh and fur of animals and rodents. They are not able to fly but can hop from one area to the other.
Fleas are also quite difficult to eradicate, especially on your own. This is because they go through 4 distinct life cycles – egg, larva, pupa, and adult. The adults will lay their eggs on the host (dog, cat, rat, ferret, etc) and these eggs then fall on various locations, to later hatch. So it is not merely a matter of getting all of the adults, but the eggs, larva, and pupa as well. This is why many home remedies fail. It might get a lot of the fleas, but it very rarely gets them all.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that a female flea lays 50 eggs a day and that fleas can go a long time without eating. Pupae can stay in their cocoons for up to a year. Needless to say, flea control specialists are usually necessary to successfully deal with an infestation. You cannot simply treat an animal and expect to completely eradicate the infestation.
Looking for the best Pest Control Newcastle has to offer? Click here to request for a quote.
What Kinds Of Treatment Mechanisms Do You Offer For Fleas?
Hunter and Coast Pest Control offer all aspects of flea control and flea treatment including:
- Flea control
- Flea treatment
- Child and pet safe flea control
- Flea spray
- Flea removal
- Chemical flea treatment
- End of lease flea spray
- Home flea control and home flea treatment
- Commercial flea control, treatment, and spraying
- Flea exterminator and flea extermination
What Other Pests Do You Deal With?
As a leading company that deals with all types of pests in Newcastle, Maitland, and Lake Macquarie, we make sure to provide our clients with the complete list of types of pests that we can effectively terminate. These are:
How Can I Distinguish Between Fleas And Ticks?
It’s easy for people to confuse ticks and fleas. The differences include:
- Size – Fleas are smaller, between 1/16” and 1/8” long. They’re almost invisible to the human eye. Ticks are larger, at 1/4” in size. Ticks also grow in size as they eat.
- Appearance – Fleas are technically an insect, though without wings. They have 6 legs. Ticks are more like arachnids (spiders), with 8 legs and no antenna.
- Number of Hosts – Fleas will live on one host for their entire lives (around 100 days). Ticks like to hop from one host to the next when the opportunity presents itself.
- Detection – You will know an animal has fleas if it continually itches. You can then confirm this with more investigation or with a consultation. Ticks are harder to find. They often hide in the scalp and underneath clothing.
We also offer:
Want to experience the best wasp control services in Newcastle? Call us today on (02) 4956 3169 or send us FREE quotes. We have excellent pest control services in Newcastle, as well as in Maitland, Lake Macquarie & Cessnock that will surely save your day.